SMS auths & OTPs are highly hackable through "SS7 attacks", MITM attacks, MITB attacks (cookie session hijacks) and packet sniffing attacks.
While MFAs offer a variety of auth. options, hackers have the choice of selecting most easiest to compromise: SMS/ Email based auths.
Biometric Data - the ultimate ID value stored in readable format - is increasingly being targeted by hackers. Once stolen there is no recourse.
External connections to 3rd Party networks, for services (open-loop), are highly susceptible to hacks (https attacks)
MFA/2FA providers collect and store ‘key’ data of End-Users (PII) on their network - and you have no control of it!
2FA/MFA services are highly susceptible to social engineering attacks and is very difficult to preempt.
Many leading 2FA and MFA providers require your User-base PII to be registered on their network, including biometric data!
(1) Your user-base PII data is residing in an a network that is not yours;
(2) You have no control over the security or safety of it; and
(3) You will have handed over complete access to some very pertinent PII data, including the ultimate identification value - biometric data - which you are trying to protect in the first place.
What's your and your users' recourse if they get attacked?
IAmI's B2B and B2B2C cybersecurity solution changes how industries protect themselves to stay a step ahead of attackers, all without using user PII!
Watch how users:
(1) "Confirm" their authentication request and get instant safe access;
(2) "Deny" their requests for authentication, preventing an cyber intrusion attack in real-time; and
(3) Are not able to respond to their authentication requests in time, resulting in a default "Timed-Out", rendering the login session to deactivate and preventing a potential intrusion attack.